The name Nayanthara is synonymous with the tagline “Lady Superstar”. She has rocked, dominated, and taken the southern cinema industry by a storm. Her ageless beauty keeps everyone’s jaws dropped, her acting captures all the emotions flawlessly, and her persona is bold and fierce. She is the embodiment of empowerment and leadership for all the girls and women.
Nayanthara was born to a Christian Malayalee family. She sowed the seeds of her cinema career in 2003. It was the year that she became a starlet and the path of stardom was being laid. Her debut film Manassinakkare, a Malayalam blockbuster film directed by Sathyam Anthikkad.
The reason behind her name change was suggested by Sathyam. He thought that her birth name should not be the same as her film character name in Manassinakkare. So, it was because of her debut film, the name Nayanthara was born.
Nayanthara has a huge fan following and has always brought characters to life. Here’s to 17 years of the glorious woman and wishing her many more years of success.
|Name||Diana Mariam Kurian|
|Date of birth||18 November 1984|
|Educational qualification||Bachelor’s degree in English Literature|
Nayanthara Personal Details
|Current city||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|School||Balikamadom Girls Higher Secondary School, Thiruvalla|
|College||Marthoma College, Thiruvalla|
|Siblings||Elder brother – Leno|
|Boyfriend/Girlfriend/ Husband/Wife||Boyfriend – Vignesh Sivan|
|Salary||Rs. 4-5 crores per film|
|Net worth||Rs. 15.17 crores|
- In 2005, she made her debut in the Tamil film industry starring opposite Sharathkumar in the film Ayya. The movie received wonderful critics and Nayanthara got immense recognition.
- Her other film, Chandramukhi alongside the superstar Rajnikanth bought her praises and appreciation.
- In 2007, she made her debut in the Telugu film, Boss, I Love you.
- Her biggest box office blockbuster is Billa which was released in 2007. She was featured opposite Thala Ajith.
- It was her family-oriented movie Yaaridi Nee Mohini that won her Vijay Award for Favorite Heroine twice in a row. She was also nominated as the Best Actress at the 56th Filmfare Awards South for the same film.
- Nayanthara’s Telugu blockbuster Sri Rama Rajyam released in 2011 won her the Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actress.
- Then in 2013, she was seen in Atlee’s masterpiece Raja Rani. The movie was critically acclaimed and for her phenomenal role, she won Vijay Award and Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
Nayanthara Movies & TV Shows
|Sivaji: The Boss||Herself||2007|
|Yardi Nee Mohini||Keerthi (Komalavalli)||2008|
2020 – 2021 (Upcoming Projects)
|Mookuthi Amman||Mookuthi Amman||2020|
|Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal||TBA||2021|
Actress Nayanthara’s Awards for Movies
|Sri Rama Rajyam (2011)||Telugu||Filmfare Award South – Best Actress|
|Raja Rani (2013)||Tamil||Filmfare Award South – Best Actress|
Tamil Nadu State Film Award – Best Actress
Edison Award – Best Actress
|Naanum Rowdy Dhan (2015)||Tamil||Filmfare Award South – Best Actress|
IIFA award – Best Actress
Vikatan Award – Best Actress
|Puthiya Niyamam (2016)||Malayalam||Filmfare Award South – Best Actress|
|Aramm (2017)||Tamil||Filmfare Award South – Best Actress|
|Maya (2015)||Tamil||IIFA awards – Best Actress|
Nayanthara’s favorite things
|Favorite food||North Indian|
Facts about Nayanthara
Nayanthara’s personal life has always been a topic for gossip and makes the headlines. Her first known relationship was with Silambarasan. They both met during the filming of Vallavan. Well, the relationship ended for the best of reasons.
Later she was in a relationship with Prabhu Deva. They both met on the sets of Villu and eventually decided to get married. However, it became very controversial when Prabhu Deva’s wife filed a petition against him in the court in 2010. For whatever reasons, Nayanthara ended the relationship in 2012. During their relationship, she had tattooed his name on her arm.
Her present love interest is Vignesh Sivan whom she had met on the sets of Naanum Rowdy Dhan. Their relationship has grown strong over the years and there’s a rumor that they both are set to get married in 2021.
In 2011, she decided to convert from a Syrian Christian to Hinduism. She went through all the Vedic purification and conducted the required Homam. She has received a certificate stating her religion as Hindu.
Her aim apart from becoming an actor was to become a Chartered Accountant.
In a model event held in Kerala in 2003, she secured the runner up spot.