Reliance Jio has officially completed one year of its commercial availability. The company commercially rolled out its Jio services to users on September 5, 2016.
It has emerged out as a revolutionary move which completely shook the telecom sector just with in just a year.
These are the top achievements of Reliance Jio in just one year
- Reliance Jio has the widest LTE coverage in India than any other telecom company and is the only 4G all IP network in the world.
- As the market promptly shifted towards data usage, Free Voice calls became a reality in the country.
- Jio users alone are consuming 125 crore GB data, hence mobile data consumption ascended from 20 crore GB per month to over 150 crore GB per month.
- The country observed a great shift in terms of Mobile Data Consumption. From being placed at 155th position last year, it has been marked as top mobile data usage by 2017.
- Streaming Videos under Jio network is in excess of 165 crore hours per month.
- It generates voice traffic of more than 250 crore minute per day.
- Reliance Jio is one such brand that experienced fastest ramp up of subscribers. At present, there are over 130 million customers on Jio. About 7 customers added every second that cobbled its path to reach 100 million users in just 170 days.
- The TRAI SpeedTest portal has consistently ranked Jio as the clear 4G network leader in coverage, usage and data speed month after month.
- Post Jio, total wireless broadband subscribers base have been elevated exponentially from 154 million to over 282 million by June 2017.
- Due to Jio effect, rival telecom companies are trying to replicate the Jio data model by introducing a number of similar plans.
- After Jio came into effect, major mergers of telecom companies have been observed in order to survive in the India’s Telecom Industry.